DeSoto County Workers' Compensation Attorney
Holding Those Responsible for Workplace Injuries in Olive Branch, Walls, Starkville & Beyond
Workplace injuries can be devastating for both the worker and their family. When a person is injured on the job, they are entitled to workers' compensation benefits to help cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs associated with their injury. Unfortunately, insurance companies often make it difficult for workers to obtain these benefits by denying valid claims or offering inadequate settlements.
At Hayes Law Firm, we strive to provide our clients with compassionate legal support while fighting aggressively for their rights in court. Our experienced attorneys have a track record of success when it comes to obtaining fair compensation from insurance companies throughout DeSoto County. We will work tirelessly on your behalf so that you can focus on healing and getting back to work as soon as possible.
By enlisting our help, we can make sure you are compensated for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Mental anguish due to the injury
- Death benefits to surviving spouses or dependents
- Vocational rehabilitation costs
No matter what type of workplace injury you’ve suffered, the Hayes Law Firm is here to help. We understand how difficult it can be to manage medical bills and other expenses while dealing with a serious injury. That's why we will do whatever is necessary to make sure you get the compensation you deserve as quickly as possible.
Don’t let insurance companies take advantage of you. Contact Hayes Law Firm today for a free consultation and let us fight to ensure that you are treated fairly. Call (662) 503-8409 or fill out our simple online form to get started.
Most Common Workers' Compensation Accidents in Northern Mississippi
You may think that workplace accidents mainly happen in labor-intensive jobs, but they can occur anywhere. Many of the most common workers' compensation claims involve injuries or illnesses sustained in office settings and other seemingly low-risk environments.
Some of the most frequent types of workplace accidents reported in the DeSoto County area include:
- Slip and falls – These accidents often occur due to wet floors, loose rugs or cords, poor lighting, or slippery surfaces. It's important to report these incidents as soon as possible so you can get proper medical attention and receive fair compensation for your injury.
- Repetitive stress injury – Cumulative trauma from repetitive motions such as typing on a keyboard can lead to muscle strain and nerve damage over time. If not treated promptly this condition can become chronic and debilitating.
- Vehicle accidents – Whether it’s a car accident while running errands for work or an incident involving a company vehicle, injured workers should be aware that their employer is responsible for any medical costs associated with such events if they occurred during normal business hours.
- Chemical exposure – Working around hazardous chemicals without adequate protection can cause respiratory issues, eye damage, and other serious conditions.
- Construction accidents – Construction sites are notoriously dangerous, and the dangers workers face range from catastrophic injuries to long-term illnesses caused by prolonged exposure to hazardous materials.
No matter what type of workplace accident you’ve experienced in DeSoto County, the Hayes Law Firm is here to help. We have extensive experience dealing with workers' compensation cases and will fight to make sure that your rights as an injured worker are respected.
Your Options Following a Workplace Injury
If you suffer an injury on the job, it is customary to file a workers compensation claim. But what if your insurance company offers a lowball amount that does not cover the full extent of your medical expenses or lost wages? You may be wondering what other options are available for you to receive the full compensation you deserve.
Here are some of the steps you can take if this happens:
- Contact an experienced lawyer who understands workers’ rights and workplace laws in DeSoto County.
- File an appeal with your employer's Workers' Compensation Insurance provider.
- Request mediation or arbitration with a third-party mediator so both sides can agree on fair compensation.
- Take legal action against your employer by filing a lawsuit in civil court for damages related to negligence or wrongful termination due to filing a claim.
At Hayes Law Firm, our team can carefully review your situation and help determine the best course of action to receive fair and just compensation for the injury you suffered in DeSoto County or any of the surrounding counties.
Don't wait any longer—contact us today at (662) 503-8409 or complete our online form to schedule a free consultation. We're here to fight for you and get you the justice you deserve.
I was pleased with how the attorney called me personally to provide an update. I also received emails to update me on the status of my case. And, most of all, the issue was resolved in a timely manner.- K.C.
I appreciated the honesty our lawyer provided us from the beginning. He always kept us informed with updates regarding our case. I feel like our lawyer helped get us the best outcome possible. We are thankful for Hayes Law Firm.- A.W.
I was very impressed. Y’all helped me with all of my needs, and worked out a deal with the court to keep me out of jail!- T.S.
Hayes Law Firm communicated with me while setting realistic expectations for the outcome of my case. They were able to achieve my desired outcome.- Anonymous
I recently hired Hayes Law Firm for legal representation. Mr. Hayes is very professional and his expertise was obvious in the courtroom. He kept me informed on any changes and updates throughout the entire process. I couldn’t ask for a better outcome in my case!!! I highly recommend attorney Robbie Hayes for any legal needs you are facing.- M.T.
The firm’s knowledge and timely communication kept me informed resulting in the best outcome for my case.- Anonymous
Hayes Law Firm provided excellent support for my legal case. All staff that I interacted with were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. My questions were answered promptly and thoroughly. Potential actions as they related to my case were discussed with pros and cons highlighted to enable the best possible outcome.- Anonymous
Cole was knowledgeable and to the point. He communicated well throughout the process. Cole and Hayes Law Firm are top notch attorneys.- G.K.