DeSoto County Domestic Violence Attorney
Securing Justice for the Accused
Domestic violence is a serious matter, and no one should be subjected to it. Unfortunately, sometimes people can be falsely accused of domestic violence when they are innocent. This can lead to an incredibly stressful situation for the accused, as well as being a slap in the face for those who have experienced real cases of domestic abuse.
At Hayes Law Firm, we understand that being wrongfully accused of something like this can create a great deal of anxiety and distress—which is why we are here to provide you with the legal representation you need if you’ve been charged with domestic violence in DeSoto County. We will fight on your behalf to ensure that justice is served regardless of whether you are guilty.
Our team of experienced attorneys has a deep understanding of this area of law and will do their best to craft an effective defense strategy for the accused. We also recognize that these charges can be emotionally charged—which is why we provide compassionate care during your consultation and throughout your legal process.
If you need a top-notch domestic violence defense attorney in DeSoto County, look no further than Hayes Law Firm. Give us a call at (662) 503-8409 or complete our simple online form to schedule a free consultation today. Our team looks forward to helping you navigate this difficult time with confidence and strength.
What Is Domestic Violence?
Domestic violence is a crime that involves the abuse of a family member, a household member, or a dating partner. Domestic violence can include physical, sexual, emotional, or verbal abuse.
Domestic violence charges can be brought against you even if you did not intend to harm the other person. If the police or district attorney believes that you intended to harm the other person, you may be charged with domestic violence, even if no actual harm was done.
Domestic violence charges can include:
- Assault: This is defined as any intentional attempt or threat to use physical force against another person.
- Aggravated assault: This charge applies when a victim sustains serious bodily injury due to the accused’s act of violence.
- Kidnapping: A person may be charged with kidnapping if they restrain another individual from leaving a certain area, such as their home.
- Threatening behavior: This includes verbal threats, stalking, and cyberstalking that are intended to intimidate the other person into compliance or fear of harm.
- Harassment: Persistent attempts at contact (through phone calls, emails, texts, etc.) which cause distress for the victim can result in harassment charges.
- Criminal trespass/trespassing with intent to injure persons or property: Persons who enter someone else’s property without permission and threaten either people on the premises or damage something on it can face criminal trespass charges.
- Domestic battery/domestic assault: If an accused physically harms his family member or household member he will likely be charged with domestic battery and possibly aggravated domestic battery depending on severity of wounds inflicted upon the victim(s).
Impact of a Domestic Violence Conviction in Tate, Marshall & DeSoto Counties
Domestic violence allegations can arise in the heat of a divorce or child custody dispute when one party seeks to gain an advantage by making false or exaggerated claims of abuse. Failing to respond appropriately and promptly is a serious mistake that could have damaging effects on your record if you are convicted.
A conviction can lead to the following hardships:
- Loss of employment opportunities
- Difficulty finding housing
- Inability to own firearms/possess ammunition
- Increased difficulty with immigration status
- Restrictions on travel abroad
- Higher insurance rates
- Difficulty obtaining professional licenses
Additionally, the social ramifications, as a domestic violence conviction reflects badly on one's reputation and character.
Let Us Fight Vigorously to Clear Your Name
When charged with domestic violence, it can feel like your voice is being silenced. But at Hayes Law Firm, you’ll have experienced attorneys who will fight for you and make sure that your story is heard. Our team of experts will review all evidence to build the strongest case possible while cross-examining witnesses to uncover any mitigating factors in your favor.
We’re here to support you throughout the process, so you can rest assured that your rights are protected and your voice is heard loud and clear.
Contact us today for a free consultation and let us help you achieve a positive outcome. A DeSoto County domestic violence attorney is standing by 24/7 ready to assist you.
I was pleased with how the attorney called me personally to provide an update. I also received emails to update me on the status of my case. And, most of all, the issue was resolved in a timely manner.- K.C.
I appreciated the honesty our lawyer provided us from the beginning. He always kept us informed with updates regarding our case. I feel like our lawyer helped get us the best outcome possible. We are thankful for Hayes Law Firm.- A.W.
I was very impressed. Y’all helped me with all of my needs, and worked out a deal with the court to keep me out of jail!- T.S.
Hayes Law Firm communicated with me while setting realistic expectations for the outcome of my case. They were able to achieve my desired outcome.- Anonymous
I recently hired Hayes Law Firm for legal representation. Mr. Hayes is very professional and his expertise was obvious in the courtroom. He kept me informed on any changes and updates throughout the entire process. I couldn’t ask for a better outcome in my case!!! I highly recommend attorney Robbie Hayes for any legal needs you are facing.- M.T.
The firm’s knowledge and timely communication kept me informed resulting in the best outcome for my case.- Anonymous
Hayes Law Firm provided excellent support for my legal case. All staff that I interacted with were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. My questions were answered promptly and thoroughly. Potential actions as they related to my case were discussed with pros and cons highlighted to enable the best possible outcome.- Anonymous
Cole was knowledgeable and to the point. He communicated well throughout the process. Cole and Hayes Law Firm are top notch attorneys.- G.K.