DeSoto County Hunting & Game Violation Attorney
Protecting Your Hunting Rights in Hernando, Horn Lake, Senatobia & Surrounding Areas
Hunting and fishing are popular forms of recreation enjoyed by many people in DeSoto County. It is a great way to enjoy the outdoors, spend time with family and friends, and appreciate nature. However, it is important to remember that engaging in these activities must be done within the confines of state law.
Failure to do so may result in serious criminal penalties if an individual is charged with a hunting or game violation crime. These convictions can carry harsh punishments such as jail time, fines, loss of hunting privileges, or other sanctions imposed by the court system. Therefore, anyone facing these charges needs to seek legal advice from an experienced attorney who understands hunting laws in DeSoto County.
At Hayes Law Firm, we are committed to protecting your hunting rights. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge in this field and the experience needed to provide you with an effective defense.
Types of Violations You Can Face
Hunting has a rich tradition in our culture, but some actions while hunting game can cross the line into illegal activities. In Mississippi, hunting violations are taken very seriously and can result in serious penalties such as fines or incarceration. Under state law, all hunters must observe strict regulations when pursuing game animals. This includes obtaining the proper permits and abiding by season limits and bag limits for each species hunted.
Some of the common violations in Mississippi include:
- Poaching - Hunting without a valid license or permit.
- Taking game out of season – Hunting during closed season or at night when certain animals are off-limits for harvest.
- Exceeding bag limits – Killing more than the allowed limit of animals each day or season; this includes selling excess game illegally as well as recreational killing over limits set by local laws and regulations governing hunting in Mississippi counties and cities.
- Shooting from vehicles/boats – Using motorized vehicles to pursue wildlife is strictly prohibited in some areas and locations throughout the state; boats must also be stationary with no engine running during hunts on waters governed by federal, state, county, or municipal restrictions against using engines while hunting waterfowl such as ducks and geese; additionally, persons shooting from their boat must have both feet on the deck at all times unless legally exempt due to disability per Federal Wildlife Law Enforcement Act (FWLEA).
- Discharging firearms recklessly– Firing weapons carelessly near other hunters or public land users are never tolerated under any circumstance and can result in serious injury or death.
At the Hayes Law Firm, we understand that you may not be aware of all regulations regarding hunting and game regulations and in many cases, these violations stem from honest mistakes. We are committed to protecting your rights and fighting for favorable outcomes, so you don't face harsh fines or jail time for simply enjoying a sport you love.
Let Our Firm Protect Your Hunting Privileges
Hunting violations or wildlife crimes should be taken seriously, as the consequences of not having the proper legal representation can have long-lasting implications. The Hayes Law Firm is dedicated to providing quality legal services to ensure that your rights are protected, and your hunting privileges remain intact.
By enlisting us to represent you, we can:
- Provide quality legal services to ensure that your rights are protected.
- Defend you against any hunting violations or game law charges.
- Offer advice and guidance on how to avoid future hunting issues.
- Negotiate with prosecutors for reduced penalties.
- Represent you in court when necessary.
- Challenge the evidence presented by the prosecution.
- Utilize our knowledge of local and state laws regarding hunting regulations.
- Work to reduce fines, restore gun privileges, limit jail time, etc.
Don’t let an innocent mistake take away your hunting hobby – contact us today at (662) 503-8409 or complete our simple online form to schedule a free consultation.
I was pleased with how the attorney called me personally to provide an update. I also received emails to update me on the status of my case. And, most of all, the issue was resolved in a timely manner.- K.C.
I appreciated the honesty our lawyer provided us from the beginning. He always kept us informed with updates regarding our case. I feel like our lawyer helped get us the best outcome possible. We are thankful for Hayes Law Firm.- A.W.
I was very impressed. Y’all helped me with all of my needs, and worked out a deal with the court to keep me out of jail!- T.S.
Hayes Law Firm communicated with me while setting realistic expectations for the outcome of my case. They were able to achieve my desired outcome.- Anonymous
I recently hired Hayes Law Firm for legal representation. Mr. Hayes is very professional and his expertise was obvious in the courtroom. He kept me informed on any changes and updates throughout the entire process. I couldn’t ask for a better outcome in my case!!! I highly recommend attorney Robbie Hayes for any legal needs you are facing.- M.T.
The firm’s knowledge and timely communication kept me informed resulting in the best outcome for my case.- Anonymous
Hayes Law Firm provided excellent support for my legal case. All staff that I interacted with were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. My questions were answered promptly and thoroughly. Potential actions as they related to my case were discussed with pros and cons highlighted to enable the best possible outcome.- Anonymous
Cole was knowledgeable and to the point. He communicated well throughout the process. Cole and Hayes Law Firm are top notch attorneys.- G.K.